lightiv

Task Sequence Fails After Applying Data Image 1 - Code 0x80004005

Hi Peter,

I just wanted followup and say thanks again for your help. I just migrated my first XP PC to Windows 7 while successfully maintaining the User State Data.

I have another question with regard to Activation. I know that there is the option to "not" reset the activation. We are a Microsoft Enterprise Agreement organization. I want the newly upgraded machine to maintain its OS and Office 2010 activations so we don't have to reactivate them for each user. If I set the Task Sequence to not reset the activation will it give me the desired result and is the any drawbacks for this?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi light,

this flag is for the build and capture of an image to prevent windows to show the activation dialog after the deployment of the final image. There should be no harm though to use it. I guess your are running a KMS server for the activation.