KeithDib

OSD deployment driver issues

Hi

I have set up OSD but I am having trouble with drivers

The image deploys OK, and the TS runs fine, but post install drivers will not work. My "Apply Device Driver" section of my TS seems to run (it downloads the drivers and says applying) but once the TS has finished the drivers are not installed.

HELPPPPPP

PS, I created the image from a sysprep'd machine with a PE boot disk to take image.

:)

Keith

Are you using a WMI query to determine the drivers that get installed?

At the moment no..

I have set up driver packages, NIC..Audio etc etc, I have included these in the TS, I have also tried the TS auto Apply drivers but this created folders in the root of C: and put the driver files here in, but seems to do nothing with them

Recommend to use WMI query and if possible have individual driver packages for your models with the appropriate WMI query attached....I tried the auto apply drivers initially but found myself in similar situations, move to WMI query with individual packages and all good now!

Recommend to use WMI query and if possible have individual driver packages for your models with the appropriate WMI query attached....I tried the auto apply drivers initially but found myself in similar situations, move to WMI query with individual packages and all good now!

Thanks Rocket Man.

I will change set up to use "Model" based driver packages and WMI query for this. What stage during the TS do you think its best to deploy this driver package?

Disable the default apply driver task that comes with the creation of the task sequence and add the new driver package task with WMI query in or around the same location after apply OS but definitely before setup configuration manager client task!

Does it stop at the driver package at OSD time or bypass it swiftly?

What is your WMI query syntax?

I have not created an XP image before, so sorry if this is a dumb question..

Neither have I used SCCM for XP........as you know it is a different sysprep process. I am fairly sure there is a section here on the Windows Noob site that covers XP, it may be in the SCCM 2007 guides!

Rocket Man

No, is does the correct things when running the driver package. Says 'downloading' then 'installing' takes as long to do this as the rest of the TS.

Once the image deployment has finished and sysprep ran the system boots and these are folders in the root of C for each driver, numbered sequentially.

I have tried with and without the WMI query, to test this and it makes no difference