Peter33

Warning: KB2506143 (WMF 3.0) breaks MP Control Manager on Windows 2008R2

Victim here aswell. 92 clients with the Failed to delete namespace root\cimv2\ccm2 error. Also noticed software center is not populated on these computers seems broken, also new clients installing the SCCM client, seems like it does half a job, doesnt install SCEP, got some investigating to do on this. I just hope SP1 sorts out this mess.

UPDATE: ok, got a fix for it, make sure you uninstall the windows managment framework on the server and client computers first. Remove the Management point role on the SCCM server, reboot, add the managment point back on the SCCM server, reboot server. Unistall the SCCM client from a pc, reboot pc, client reinstalls, all seems well. Just got to do this on 90 client machines now.

Its just that simple! I have removed the update on my primary and 3 of my MPs and removed the SCCM client from all 4 servers. Thats the only way I have been able to keep my MP roles stable. I have had some issues with auto client installation on machines as well. If I right click the machine and push the client through the wizard it will install fine.

SIMONLJ when you removed WMF on workstations and reinstalled the client did you have to rebuild the repository folder in C:\windows\wbem? I read that this is someth that needs to be done but I have tried on some servers and their clients still fail checks. So I have no evidence in my enviornment this resolves anything.

Anyways this is horrible but glad I am not alone in this issue.

no I didnt rebuild the repository folder in C:\windows\wbem, still have some issues, got some red stuff in componant status

SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT

SMS_PORTAL_CONTROL_MANAGER

SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANAGER

SMS_AWEBSRV_CONTROL_MANAGER

ahhh this sucks, but the client pc's are happier unlike me, merry christmas microsoft

So to reinstall a client I have had to stop WMI, nuke the repository folder(s), and then restart WMI to rebuild the repository. After that the client will install fine. Otherwise it fails. I am actually going to try a reset on the repository through cmd line because MS says this is better practice. We'll see. To have to hit 250 clients is going to be painful. MS really screwed up on this one.

OK people. I have installed SCCM 2012 SP1 and can confirm this issue has been fixed. Installation went quite smoothly, a couple more pre-req's needed addressing before the installation went through on the Site upgrade. Once site upgrade has completed, you can install the console, I recommend uninstalling the console first before installing the SP1 console. 3 Days after the upgrade the majority of clients have upgraded and are green for go and not red for wmi repository read write test remediation fail. Just going to leave the rest to gradually update and sort themselves out as they come online.