Hi all,

I have a problem with client computers when trying to update virus and spyware definitions from SCCM Endpoint Prot. server. I got this error:

0x8024402c

The definition updates couldn't be installed because the proxy server (in my case there is on proxy) or target server names can't be resolved.

What does it mean? The server downloads all the updates, put them into the correct update group. The update group is deployed to the correct collection of course. The client software gets the policy because I can see the day of the scheduled scan shown in the bottom of the window. I tried turning off the client machine's firewall, but no success.

The Endpoint Protection Definition update package was successfully uploaded to the DP.

The automatically generated update group (ADR for Endpoint Protection Updates) successfully deployed to the collection of the client machine. (if I check the deployments on the client machine at the properties, I can see both the EP updates and the Windows updates). By the way, no Windows updates arrive to the client as well...

What log files may help me? Log file from the server or from the client?

Thanks for your help

Attila

• Like 1

I'm having these same problems as the OP. Some computers and servers last week simply started to fail def updates. They where working for several months.

On the scep client, it says connection failed. The logs suggest scep is trying MS DIRECTLY opposed to my DP. How do I force scep back to my DP? I have checked my GPO and all is fine there. It points to my DP.