Deano

Monthly Updates and Newly Built Machines

Hi,

Im currently running SCCM 2012 along side my existing SCCM 2007 but with limited boundaries for testing. I have created a number of collections and created a few ADRs for Endpoint, Windows 7 Updates and Office 2010. This new feature is one of the best i have seen but i just wanted to see what other users of SCCM 2012 are doing for their updates?

My current Windows 7 and Office updates run monthly on the second wednesday to pickup the Patch Tuesday updates, but by the following month, those updates would have been overwritten by the ADR rule that is in place or are appended? How do people cater for new machines that are built with a six month old image?

I dont use OSD through SCCM yet but use MDT 2012 from a different server. Im working through the guides to get this working but with MDT intergration.

Yeah I had a similar question and it seems to be an area that is going to have to be achieved to suit your own needs through trial and error!!

http://www.windows-n...onthly-updates/

You could try and put in a filter when creating the ADRs like Expired(NO) and superseded(NO) along with the product. You may have to change the setting on your SUP to never expire updates also, again I am not too sure on this.

Rocket