alim_long

ConfigMgr 2012: TS step Install Software Update failed with 0x800705b4

When I try to deploy windows 8 updates follow Anyweb's guide SCCM 2012 RC Part 6 - Deploying Software Updates,

Step Install Software Updates failed with 0X800705B4 while system join workgroup instead of domain.

If I config system to join domain everything is fine. I have specified SMSMP=CM01.corp.viamonstra.com in installation properties of Configuration Manger Client

ConfigMgr version is System Center 2012 ConfigMgr SP1, and config to use HTTPS for communication between server and client.

I also try HTTP situation ,windows software can be installed successfully in infrastructure of workgroup and domain.

I google for several days, still not found soulation.

Logs.zip

why are you using HTTPS for all communication ? in my guide i covered HTTP communication only, do you have any specific reason for doing it twith HTTPS ? (it adds more complexity to the situation)

James describes the process for using build and capture in HTTPS mode here

Thanks for your reply!

About HTTPS communication, I follow Justin Gao's documents.

I just want learn more about HTTP and HTTPS communication, no specific reason.

My enviroment is just for test not real one.

I fllowed James't steps, but Install Software Update is still not successful. Certificate part is work, Workgroup PKI certificate exists when I check in Certificates MMC snap-in.

It seems Setup Windows and ConfigMgr task runs it does not use the program that was modified(it runs the default /useronly /source:C:\_SMSTaskSequence\OSD\XXX0000X /config:MobileClient.TCF /status:603) and in SMSCFGRC.cpl it still says Client Certificate: NONE

Don't know reasons.