Babs

Application Deployment Problem - Message ID: 2306 & 2302

I've been having trouble deploying packages to collections for a while now. I've spent a great deal of time looking through forums to no avail.

I have created a test application as per the Windows-Noob article here. I then tried to deploy the application via the article instructions. The app fails to deploy and in the Monitoring section returns a critical errors under SMS_DISTRIBUTION_MANAGER. The two primary Message IDs are 2306 and 2302 (see attached images). When viewing the "Deployments" tab, the application sits at 0.0% compliance and obviously never makes it to my client's Application Catalog.

My guess is that I'm having rights issues. My .msi is located on attached storage that has been shared, which begs me to question: Must I add share permissions for all domain users in order for distribution? Additionally, under the Security permissions for the drive I have given all Domain users read/execute rights. Please note: I am indicating that there are two separate places where you can adjust permissions, Sharing AND Security.

Any help would be most appreciated! :)

post-9339-0-56196400-1356720004_thumb.png

post-9339-0-15023800-1356720158_thumb.png

Thank you both so much for your time and efforts! I was sure you had solved my problem, since I had added users and not machines to my NTFS and Sharing permissions. I added my server ("SCCM") to both, checked to make sure the server was an admin on itself and then gave it a shot. No joy. :(

Attached is the full notification I received under DP Configuration Status details. I noticed this morning that I received the error after I created the application and before I deploy it (ie when the deployment type is created).

I'm sure I'm missing something super simple, but I'm really new to this system. I was given a server, the software and a book. Needless to say, I'm pretty inexperienced at this point.

Thanks in advance for any further insights you can provide!

post-9339-0-45388800-1356977697_thumb.png

In most setups that I have done to date I create a sources folder as per the guide here on W-Noob. This would be the same as your Storage folder I gather??

I only ever share this out to my network access account(co-owner) and that is it, no-one else, because I personally feel no-one else needs to have permissions to browse the contents of it other than this account. (NO need for NTFS permissions, just simply share it out!!)

You have configured your software distribution account AKA as network access account??

And you have made the SCCM site server's computer account a member of the local administrators on the server?

If you have done all of these then I would suggest creating a temporay share on the root of your drive called Sources for example and share it out to your network access account. place your application in here and re-create your application, do the configurations, distribute to the DP(s), and then deploy it to a system or user collection.

If this works then you know it is something to do with your security on the Storage directory!

Rocket Man

Is there any way you could add a link to the guide you're speaking of? You are probably correct. The Storage folder is my attached storage array. The same array houses the "SCCMContentLib", "SMSPKGD$", "SMSPKGSIG", and "SMSSIG$" folders.

By "network access account" do you mean SMSadmin?

Could you elaborate on where or when I would have configured my "software distribution account"? I'm assuming your talking about SMSadmin here too.

SMSadmin is indeed a member of the local administrators account.

By "network access account" do you mean SMSadmin?

This is a merley an account that you created in AD, you have to give it a role to play, maybe you have, but if you haven't you could use it as your network access account, or you could create a new account called netaccess or something similar and use this!!

Administration node, site configurations, site, configure site components along the top ribbon and select software distribution, this is where you set up your Network access account!

Make sure it can connect to your share!

In most setups that I have done to date I create a sources folder as per the guide here on W-Noob.

Any chance I could get a url to browse to? I can't seem to find a direct reference to the creation of a "sources" folder on W-Noob. I have a hunch I am missing something critical in my setup of that folder.

Just had a quick scan there myself and unable to find the exact source for this information.and as far as I remember it was short and sweet.the directions....but basically it is just a folder created called Sources(you can call it whatever you like)........I remember that everyone had read permissions to it......but to be honest...personally I just give my network access account full rights to it at the root and thats it..

Inside this folder you can have your sub folders, ie ADR update folders, driver packages, software etc......

This is really a head-scratcher for me. I setup SMSinstaller as my network access account and gave it full access permissions on the entire storage array. After successfully creating a package, monitoring still posts 2306 followed by a 2302 on deployment. I'm just at a loss here... :wacko:

post-9339-0-60684000-1358286614_thumb.png

post-9339-0-77431600-1358287212_thumb.png