JuhaK

guidance needed with MDT when it is integrated with SCCM

Question

Hello!

I'm lost, completely! I'm quite new with SCCM and very noob with MDT. I mean that I've worked with SCCM (without MDT) some time already but now I need to study how to use MDT with SCCM. I know there is lots what can be done with MDT but I have no idea where to start here. Where can I get info for example why to modify default boot images with mdt? How to do that and what do I profit when doing it? Or how and why to do build and capture with MDT TS.. or why to do deploy TS with MDT and how..

Or what kind of stuff I can do with MDT in SCCM? And how to do that stuff..

Well, as you can guess by now I need tons of help and guidance here. OSD is still pretty new for me..

I'll appreciate all kind of help here!!

5 answers to this question

well if you want to learn you've come to the right place, as we cover both Configuration Manager 2007 with MDT and Configuration Manager 2012 with MDT (2012...)

have a look at this index for starters..

• Like 1

Anyweb is a great resource to go to when it comes to System Center Configuration Manager questions. As far as your questions concerning MDT go, it would be a good idea to become familiar with MDT since you already have experience with ConfigMgr. With that said, I suggest you check out the following two videos from the Springboard Series on TechNet as they walk you through a deployment with MDT:

· Deployment Day Session 1: Introduction to MDT 2012

· Deployment Day Session 2: MDT 2012 Advanced

These videos will answer your questions building various task sequences including a standard client task sequence, sysprep and capture task sequence and then modifying the task sequences by editing the unattend.xml file.

One final video that also will give you a good walk through for both MDT and ConfigMgr is Alphabet Soup Deployment: Understanding MDT, WDS, MAP, ACT, SCCM, and USMT also from the Springboard Series page. The video is a deep dive into the full deployment process using all the Microsoft package-based imaging tools.

Hope this helps and keep us posted!

Jessica

Windows Outreach Team – IT Pro

Thank You Anyweb, I'm trying those labs of your at weekend. I'm sure they're helpfull! But after labs, do you have other tips for my studies? :)

Also Thank You Jessica for links of those videos. They were great! Well, at least the first one, having trouble with second when watching online. Next trying to download and the watch if better luck then.

If you or someone has some more tips or links for my I'll appreciate sharing! :)

Juha