jbhaire2004

Move WSUS Content location...?

Question

How would one go about moving the C:\WSUS\WSUSCONTENT download location? It is dumping the information on the C-Drive with the OS and I'd like to move the storage location to the empty D-Drive.

I have found articles that describe moving WSUS download path between local drives but they either only address WSUS or they are specifically refering to Server 2003.

2 answers to this question

He all,

There is another way :)

I deed it and its working :D

First create a folder at the new location.

Make sure that the folder at the other location exist and have the proper permissions, give it the same permissions as the original shared folder.

Then open a CMD console and go to the folder where you install WSUS, for example  C:\Program Files\Update Services\Tools>

Then enter the following command: for example  wsusutil.exe movecontent D:\WsusContent D:\susmove.log

This command copy’s the content from the original location to the new location and creates a new synchronization link to the new location.

You can test it by re-run the synchronization and check the content of the original folder and the new folder in the general properties “MB”.

If that is ok, you can delete the original folder.

Cheers :)