BzowK

Help! - BIG Issue with Primary DP After Updating to SP1

OK -

Just got off the phone with Microsoft and think we found the issue... I'm now working!

I had my Site System Installation Account set to my service account (DA) which I use for most everything. We changed that back to "Use the site server's computer account to install the site system."

After doing that, I restarted the SMS_Executive services, updated my packages, and they worked!

Microsoft has now marked it as a "Known Bug"

Please try it out and let me know if this resolves your issues, too -

Thanks -

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, Ben...just as a side note to other users who might not know where this setting is at right away: you can find it under the Administration > Servers and Site System Roles> [site] > Site System Roles: Site System

post-7827-0-69434500-1357842776_thumb.jpg

hi Ben

did you use media from the VLMS site or from Technet/MSDN ?

did you uninstall the WAIK prior to installing the ADK ?

did you reboot your server(s) prior to running setup ?

did you review this ?

That technet article never mentions uninstalling WAIK before installing ADK. Was I supposed to do that?

My server behaves very strangley after upgrading to SP1 also, it's very sluggish. I get all kinds of errors in the Site Status and Component Status nodes. Last night I rebooted the server so it could install Windows updates, and when I logged in again the Component Status node contained only a few components, like 4-5. I got errors like these

y0Fpm.png

I think basically every component or site system role has been in Warning or Critical status a few times since upgrading.

Installing applications during OSD sometimes fails also, with different error messages. Apps can sometimes not even be downloaded. I know I'm not being very specific or providing log files, but I can just _feel_ that something's wrong with the server.

Was I supposed to create a new ConfigMgr client package and distribute to the DP when I upgraded to SP1? Or was it enough to just update the package on the DP?

I should add that everything, apart from WSUS, looks totally fine on server right now. I did a site reset last night. OSD is still kind of shaky though.

Good Morning -

I finally found the issue after much research.

I had my Site System Installation Account set to my service account (DA) which I use for most everything. We changed that back to "Use the site server's computer account to install the site system."

post-1-0-99645000-1359380535_thumb.jpg

After doing that, I restarted the SMS_Executive services, updated my packages, and they worked!

Thanks -

Good Morning -

I finally found the issue after much research.

attachicon.gifss1.jpg

Thanks -

also when you change WMI service account to Domain\administrator user. you can solve this problem.