o0JeZ0o

Deploying Windows 8 and the copy profile setting using SCCM 2012

@GolfKingUK - I am experiencing the same as the rest of the gurus here STILL right now. Our organization has the latest release as well SCCM 2012 SP1 5.0.7804.1300. CU2 did not cure this issue unfortunately...

What I do not understand is why Microsoft would release the support for WinPE 4.0 (forcefully) and the importance it delivered in Service Pack 1 for Windows 8 support. They just failed to mention that the entire process is different for deploying source files and the capture method. If system administrators have to manually execute Sysprep and specify an answer file, we may as well be deploying Vista...

Side note question: Is anyone using Windows 8 currently and deploying it in their environment? I am only going to be using this for a few of our development teams to test out for fun really.

Another side note: Windows 8.1 preview is not supported in SCCM 2012 SP1 CU2. The Boot Image WIM is not supported and SCCM cannot insert the binary files it needs to execute System Center specific functions. Essentially WinPE 4.1 will be needed, but SCCM cannot connect to the foreign resource. Result:

Error: The wizard detected the following problems when updating the boot image.

• Failed to inject a ConfigMgr driver into the mounted WIM file

The SMS Provider reported an error.: ConfigMgr Error Object:

instance of SMS_ExtendedStatus

{

• Description = "Failed to insert OSD binaries into the WIM file";

• ErrorCode = 2152205056;

• File = "e:\\nts_sccm_release\\sms\\siteserver\\sdk_provider\\smsprov\\sspbootimagepackage.cpp";

• Line = 4566;

• ObjectInfo = "CSspBootImagePackage::PreRefreshPkgSrcHook";

• Operation = "ExecMethod";

• ParameterInfo = "SMS_BootImagePackage.PackageID=\"00200453\"";

• ProviderName = "WinMgmt";

• StatusCode = 2147749889;

};

I just did not want someone to SKIP Windows 8 and start troubleshooting something that is not officially supported until R2 of SCCM 2012 SP1.

Thanks guys, still looking for solutions. I am currently testing a new packaged Unattend.xml file with that only file in the package to see if it cures the issue | @SpinnZ

Thanks again.