pnyce24

SCCM 2007 to SCCM 2012 Question

Question

Good Afternoon,

I have currently have SCCM 2012(thanks to your SCCM guides) setup in my test environment. However, on my production environment we currently have SCCM 2007 in production and planning on moving/migrating over to SCCM 2012 the next few months. Now, is it necessary to create a SCCM 2007 environment in my test environment to successfully test the migration? Which would mean I would have to scrap my current SCCM 2012 and start all over again.... Or should I just keep on current SCCM 2012 in test and work from there, since you can only stand up SCCM 2012 in parallel (no upgrade function) with SCCM 2007. Also, I was thinking of not using any of the migration tools.

Thanks,

Paul

2 answers to this question

is it necessary to create a SCCM 2007 environment in my test environment to successfully test the migration?

no, but it takes only a couple of hours, it just has to be a basic CM07 environment and once setup you'll be able to test all the migration abilities,

you'll thank yourself later if you do plan on migrating anything

if you don't want to migrate anything then don't bother.