oyvindskj

Java7 Update - Best Practice using SCCM 2012?

Question

Hi!

What is the best way to deploy Java Update using SCCM 2012 in a corporate enviroment?

Today we use a script that kills internet browser and all java running, notifying the users to save work etc.

I'm hoping that there is a smoother way to do this using applications in SCCM 2012?

Cheers,

Oyvind

3 answers to this question

Hi,

I am Sorry to say that just that specific scenario are there no good solution for, so you will still need to use the same kind of script in ConfigMgr 2012.

Regards,

Jörgen

Hi Jorgen and thanks. :)

I was afraid of that. Do you know if I can controle the deployment of java(or any other update) so that it can be done during computer restart/when user logs in/user logs of) within SCCM? I've not seen any options on that when I deploy Applications.

Is Application the best way to deploy updates? Is packages a better way?

I was hoping to get a "best practice" rutine on Things like this and If anyone can share theire way of solving this it will be very helpfull. Not only to me but other People too. :)