crb

SCCM DMZ Clients Capture settings using USMT to SMP side by side migration

Question

I am in a situation where we want to do a side by side migration where the DMZ (non-domained) clients that are speaking to the DMZ SCCM server will run USMT capture and hold it in the SMP of the DMZ server. Then Lay down the captured files using USMT on the new computer (Also on the DMZ SCCM server)

1st Step create a computer association of source and destination PC on the DMZ server.

2nd advertise the capture to the DMZ Client.

3rd Run restore on destination computer which is also in the dmz.

I have set up SMP on the DMZ server.

When I go to run the capture on the client I get the following error.

Cannot Run Program:
The program you have requested is not available because this computer account cannot connect to the private network for your organization. Either use Network Connections in the control panel to establish a connnection to the network at your work place, or take the computer back to your organization and try to run the software again.

I am using SMP USMT in my domain environment good.

In the task sequence of the DMZ server I have the USMT options when editing it for the capture and restore task sequences.

I am not the person who originally set up the DMZ server so not sure what it is looking for.

The same client can recieve other packages from the DMZ server and is getting the option to do the capture via Run advertised programs.

I have looked at the mpcontrol.log and 2 SMP logs on the server and am not really seeing any errors.

Not sure if this is possible but please if anyone has any feed back or thoughts for me to try I would be greatfull!

Thanks, Craig Blake

1 answer to this question

I see this in the Internetproxy.log file on the client machine.

<![LOG[Failed to get logged on user token but will continue..., hr 0x800704dd.]LOG]!><time="10:11:20.750+300" date="01-17-2013" component="NetworkProxy" context="" type="3" thread="3552" file="proxyinfo.cpp:580">
<![LOG[Couldn't detect proxy information for the URL: https://SCCM.blah.COM/ccm_system/request]LOG]!><time="10:11:20.750+300" date="01-17-2013" component="NetworkProxy" context="" type="3" thread="3552" file="proxycache.cpp:312">
<![LOG[Couldn't find 'CCM_NetworkProxy' instance for protocol 'https'.]LOG]!><time="10:11:39.921+300" date="01-17-2013" component="NetworkProxy" context="" type="3" thread="1100" file="proxycache.cpp:958">
<![LOG[Couldn't find 'CCM_NetworkProxy' instance for protocol 'http'.]LOG]!