SRed

Mission critical workstation hung on Deploying Updates

Question

Hi all,

During a deployment for a client, a mission critical workstation began to hang on "Deploying Updates". I'm wondering, is there any command I can run in a command prompt to force the Task Sequence to proceed to the next step?

The reason this is an issue is that this workstation is using XP to Windows 7 with Hard Link Migration and our update step is much before the USMT Restore step. We're concerned with having to do a USMT hard-link restore from Windows 7, and also with all of the automation steps we'll miss out on if we have to do the rest of the migration manually.

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

I'm wondering, is there any command I can run in a command prompt to force the Task Sequence to proceed to the next step?

sure, open a command prompt, type taskmgr, that'll bring up the task manager, you can then kill the current process (cscript ?) and it'll continue on with the next one, however this only works if you have continue on error on that group/step

you can always run the USMT loadstate steps manually in the event of a failed migration.