Easier fix to try :

Stop WDS

Xcopy SourceGood G:\RemoteInstall\SMSBoot /s/e/v/o

Xcopy SourceGood G:\RemoteInstall\SMSTemp /s/e/v/o

Xcopy SourceGood G:\RemoteInstall\SMSTempBootFiles /s/e/v/o

Start WDS

This only works after SP1.

Hi all hope some one can help.

Since running the SP1 update we've haven't been able to use the PXE boot. We get the "PXE:-E53: No boot filename received error" I've tired what you guys did above with no success. I was wondering if anyone had found another way of fixing it?

This is the error we get from SMSPXE.log

RequestMPKeyInformation: Send() failed. SMSPXE 22/03/2013 11:03:07 4908 (0x132C)
Failed to get information for MP: http://aa.bb.com. 80004005. SMSPXE 22/03/2013 11:03:07 4908 (0x132C)
PXE::MP_InitializeTransport failed; 0x80004005 SMSPXE 22/03/2013 11:03:07 4908 (0x132C)
PXE::MP_LookupDevice failed; 0x80004005 SMSPXE 22/03/2013 11:03:07 4908 (0x132C)
RequestMPKeyInformation: Send() failed. SMSPXE 22/03/2013 11:03:07 4908 (0x132C)
Failed to get information for MP: http://aa.bb.com. 80004005. SMSPXE 22/03/2013 11:03:07 4908 (0x132C)
PXE::MP_InitializeTransport failed; 0x80004005 SMSPXE 22/03/2013 11:03:07 4908 (0x132C)
PXE::MP_ReportStatus failed; 0x80004005 SMSPXE 22/03/2013 11:03:07 4908 (0x132C)
PXE Provider failed to process message.
Unspecified error (Error: 80004005; Source: Windows) SMSPXE 22/03/2013 11:03:07 4908 (0x132C)
Thanks.
Gav
Update, think i found out what causing my problems. I'm getting this when i view the MPsetup.log.
<03/22/13 14:04:45> Fatal MSI Error - mp.msi could not be installed. Anyone know why that would happen?

Hi All,

All of the above methods were unsuccessful for me. It turns out that our issue was the distribution point attempting to perform the lookup against a Management Point in another forest; as the DP's computer account didn't have the correct access the lookups and PXE would fail with the symptoms shown above.

After a bit more digging I found that the Management Points are stored alphabetically in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\DP\ManagementPoints registry key on the distribution point and that the first DP it was attempting to hit was returning an access denied error to the DP. After adding the appropriate permissions on the MP the PXE boot proceeded without error. Removing the key for the offending server also worked temporarily until the DP's polling interval expired and the key was re-populated.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Hayden

It wasn't a good practice for me either clean install Sccm 2012 SP1 with Datacenter 2012 all sort of site folder permission errors as well.

At the end I have decided to go back to my working system which is non SP1.

Infact it worked for the last 6 months no problems at all.

I thought SP1 would be better but I never guessed it would hurt this much what a pain in the neck.

Too bad I am going back to old NON SP1.

I know it works at least.

I followed this and it didn't quite work, but I think it was necessary. I had isntalled WDS manually so I could get the RemoteInstall fodler on a particular volume. I wouldn't do that again.

The last piece of the puzzle was from this post http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmanagerosd/thread/2e3d5d45-e9e2-4e8f-a306-ab331927e726/

I was running into cert errors because I was still using the self-signed cert on my PXE Distro point. I had already created a cert for the distro points, but hadn't installed it on this one again after I had re-installed the distro point.

Thanks for a great forum!

After SP1 we had the same/similar issues in our environment. Here are the steps I used to fix PXE on the DPs and get OSD running again:

• untick the enable PXE checkbox on the distribution point. Answer yes that you want to remove the Windows Deployment service.
  • remove boot images from your distribution point
  • After 5 minutes delete %windir%\temp
  • check with server manager. If WDS is done uninstalling there is a reboot pending. Reboot.
  • check if the remoteinstall folder is located on your system. If it is delete it. If it fails to delete due to permission issues with the SMSTempBootFiles path, delete all folders except that one and then rename the remoteinstall folder something else.
  • reboot
  • Add the PXE point again by checking the box on the distribution point properties. Check the distrmgr.log and see if the remoteinstall folder reappears..
  • Replicate the boot image to the DP again. After they land you can try running an F12 and it should roll smoothly.

RE: the old remoterinstall permission issues, this seems to be the root cause of why PXE broke on all our DPs after SP1. As to why the permission error occurred, I cannot say but will continue looking for the root cause.

In my case, after installing SP1, it changed to using a self-signed cert in the Distribution Point properties, but left the PKI cert on the management point/IIS site. I went into IIS, exported the cert, and imported it into the distribution point properties, and presto, back to normal.

After SP1 we had the same/similar issues in our environment. Here are the steps I used to fix PXE on the DPs and get OSD running again:

• untick the enable PXE checkbox on the distribution point. Answer yes that you want to remove the Windows Deployment service.
  • remove boot images from your distribution point
  • After 5 minutes delete %windir%\temp
  • check with server manager. If WDS is done uninstalling there is a reboot pending. Reboot.
  • check if the remoteinstall folder is located on your system. If it is delete it. If it fails to delete due to permission issues with the SMSTempBootFiles path, delete all folders except that one and then rename the remoteinstall folder something else.
  • reboot
  • Add the PXE point again by checking the box on the distribution point properties. Check the distrmgr.log and see if the remoteinstall folder reappears..
  • Replicate the boot image to the DP again. After they land you can try running an F12 and it should roll smoothly.

RE: the old remoterinstall permission issues, this seems to be the root cause of why PXE broke on all our DPs after SP1. As to why the permission error occurred, I cannot say but will continue looking for the root cause.

Thanks, I appreciate your time as this corrected my issue also. Never would have thought permissions. However all good now, Thanks!!!