rich0dify

2 WSUS, 1 SCCM?

Question

3 answers to this question

So are you trying to use CM07/CM12 to deploy the SU for you, or are you trying to use WSUS to deploy the SU for you?

You can us WSUS directly to manage your server, use a GPO to override the SUP location details. Keep in mind that you cannot use CM07/CM12 to deploy SU to these server any more then.

I've got CM07 to do updates for workstations, which are approved\deployed by us from our own managed CM\WSUS server setup, but we have another WSUS server which is a downstream for pre-approved updates for servers from our corperate office, I was hoping that I could have CM look at this downstream server *as well as* our own managed WSUS server to apply patches via CM?

Could I possibly get it to point to the WSUS content location of the corp approved WSUS server when creating a deployment package? Or have a seperate instance of SU on a secondary site which looks to the *other* WSUS server?

I'd like to exhaust all possible routes to get my server patching at an easier level, just having to log on to 120+ servers and click the shield is a mightly boring way to spend my Saturday once a month!

No, Clients can only have 1 WSUS server.

No in CM07, you MUST point directly at MS site for WSUS data, you can’t point to your corp WSUS server.

You can use a GPO to override the CM07 SUP setting and have your Server point to the corp WSUS server. IMO that is a bit a of a waste, since Maintenance windows should be used.