stevenjwilliams83

Endpoint Updates

Is there a group policy setting that needs to be in place to make sure endpoint is getting updates from my sccm server? I built a new server, added it to the domain, but was unable to update endpoint until I enabled my proxy settings. That tells me it is going to the internet to get updates, does anyone disagree? How can I check if this is the case?

it get's updates based on the settings defined in the antimalware policy that is targeted to collection(s) it is a member of,

so if it's not in a collection targetted with the above (and client settings to enabled endpoint protection) then it won't take them from configuration manager

If your policy is deployed to all systems then it is deploying to any system within your infrastructure that has a SCCM client installed on it, including servers!! (probably not a good idea as servers may require a different policy, there are built in policies for servers in SCCM)

As Niall mentioned you define where clients get their updates from in the policy ,Microsoft updates, SCCM, WSUS etc..