JustinL

Install Software Updates from Build and Capture TS

Hi everyone,

I originally posted this over at myitforum but that I'd post here as well.

A little background. I started out by migrating .wim's and task sequences from our 2007 environment but got all sorts of errors when adding "install applications" steps to these migrated task sequences. After fighting that for a few days I decided to scrap that and create some new reference .wim's and task sequences. I've got an MDT build and capture task sequence built and it completes successfully except for the fact that it does not install the software updates. I have the Updates deployed to the same collection as the build and captures TS and I have the SMSMP=servername in the "Setup Windows and ConfigMgr" step.

I've reviewed the smsts.log (attached) and it appears that the TS sees the updates but does not install them saying "No Updates need to be installed on the machine" then completes the action and moves on to finish the TS. Funny thing is as soon as the machine finishes and reboots I log in and get a popup that updates are available. So the deployment to the collection is obviously working but i need help determining why the TS thinks that no updates need to be installed when there are clearly updates available.

Thanks,
Justin

smsts.txt

I was actually able to get this working late last night. I decided to pull all the updates from the deployment and try just one security update. With just the one updated in the deployment it installed. So it appears that there was a bad or unsupported update in the bunch. This morning I've been slowly adding updates back in to the deploy a few at a time to try and determine what bad one(s).

I'd consider this issue resolved. Thanks to all who stopped in to take a look.

Justin