5ean

Change Application Purpose from Available to Required

Hi,

I've been lurking here for quite some time and this site has helped me incredibly since i've started using SCCM. I've now came across an issue that there are not topics for (that i can find) so i'm enlisting the help of you fine people!

I've got Adobe Acrobat Std X as an application, and i'm wanting to change it from an 'Available' application to 'Required' so that when a machine runs a policy retrieval it will just go ahead and start installed it there and then. When i go to change the option, the field is greyed out and i can't changed it. I know i will be able to change it if i re-create the app but i really dont want to do that!

Also, whilst on the topic of Acrobat, i used their Customisation Wizard tool to customise my setup, and i set the option for it remove all old verions of writer and reader. However when the app is installed, its not uninstalling Reader 10.1.4?? Anyone had that issue?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sean

you can't change it, you'll need to create a new deployment with the new purpose (required or available) and if you don't want the previous deployment, delete or disable it.

Yes it is required, but you can fill in anything you want. Also the detection rule is required, but there you need to use the correct product code.

Anyways, i would suggest to create a real application. Sooner or later you will need one, because Adobe will replace the latest MSI installer with an update.