iliusm

SCCM 2012 SP1 and MDT 2012 Update 1 integration

Hello, everyone.

In my SCCM enviroment there are 3 servers:

server1 roles - component, DP, MP, site server, site system

server2 roles - component, Reporting, site Database, site system

server3 roles - component, fallback status, site system, SUP

All server - windows 2008 R2 standard

Well... I install on server1 MDT Update 1 and when I run "configure ConfigMgr Integration" I got error:

Copied binaries for ConfigMgr 2012 to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\\Bin
Copied extension files for ConfigMgr 2012 to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\\XmlStorage\Extensions
Successfully connected to WMI namespace \\server1\root\sms
Located the provider for site VLD on server server1
Located the provider for site VLD on server server2
Fatal error connecting to the specified ConfigMgr provider server using path \\server2\root\sms\site_VLD. Verify that the server is available and the site code is valid.
System.Management.ManagementException: Invalid namespace
РІ System.Management.ManagementScope.Initialize()
РІ Microsoft.BDD.Wizards.SCCM_ConfigureRemove.ValidateConfigMgr(String siteServer, String siteCode, String& providerServer, ManagementScope& providerConnection, Version& siteVersion)
Operation completed with warnings or errors. Please review the output above.
How can I solve this problem? Thanks.

Michael Niehaus talked about this recently on a mailing list and his comments are below:-

The integration process compiles a MOF that adds entries to the provider server’s WMI repository. (They aren’t stored in the site database.) So if anything
happens that causes the WMI repository to be rebuilt, or if by chance you have multiple provider servers (MDT only registers with the first one it finds, the rest have to be done manually), then you could see this.

the workaround would be to manually compile the MOF file for each provider computer. You can find the file in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Deployment
Toolkit\SCCM\Microsoft.BDD.CM12Actions.mof. Edit it with Notepad to specify the right provider
server name and site code, save it, and compile it with MOFCOMP.
Change to the next server name, save it, compile it with MOFCOMP. Etc.