fr0zen

SCCM 2012 Distribution Point with NO IIS possible?

Does anyone know if its possible to setup a Distribution Point without IIS?

Technet Article here shows IIS is a requirement: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg682077.aspx#BKMK_SupConfigSiteSystemReq

but Microsoft recommended us that if we are using Domain Controller as a DP, we should try and not install IIS for security reasons. (Yes Domain Controllers is not a good idea, but unfortunately we have nothing else in the remote locations, Windows 7 is not a option right now)

I have tried installing the DP role on a DC (Primary site server was added to Domain Admins group already and the server has been rebooted), but it keeps giving me a error message. The logs on the remote DC's don't have much,

I keep getting a couple of errors

Error #1: error = ERROR DPConnection::ConnectWMI() - Failed to connect to <Server name> 0x800706ba

CWmi::Connect() failed to connect to \\<Server name>\root\MicrosoftIISv2. Error = 0x800706BA

The error mentions IIS as well.

Is IIS a requirement and anyway around that? I thought IIS was needed only because of BITS, but we are willing to not configure BITS.

Thanks