nalinu

Move a Distribution point to a new Drive ( sccm 2007)

Hi All,

Is there a sure fire way to move a distribution point from where it's stored (d:\ for eg:) to a new drive ( eg: e:\) ? I know that there are at least two methods described that are floating around (within Microsoft web site) at the minute. One is on Technet by C. Hornbeck and the other in MS social community forums. Both of them provide slightly different paths and I am not sure either works or not and wouldn't want to try it on our live server.

( Links mentioned above : http://blogs.technet.com/b/smsandmom/archive/2008/09/04/moving-the-smspkgc-share-to-a-different-drive.aspx

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmgrgeneral/thread/8c42e5df-6332-45b4-b218-9bde9ef156ba/)

The reason I am trying to move the distribution point is that I have a SSD drive set up to improve drive access and I would like to move all packages and distribution point to this drive.

I know this is a place where I will get concrete answers ( yes or No) and either way I will also know why I can do it or can't.

As for the above two methods here are my gripes about them. I read the method in the Technet article and thought wow! that's easy enough ! Then I read the method outlined in the second article and I thought the contributor was right to mention about existing packages and the need to change their definitions. However I couldn't quite run the query he gives out within SCCM console. Then I lost confidence about his method.

I will be really grateful if someone can help me or point me in the right direction please ?

Thanks

Nalin.