edgekrusher

Client Policy and Hardware/Software Inventory Scan

I have created a new client policy with a priority of 1 and have deployed it to a device group. In this policy I have Hardware Inventory Scan and Software Inventory Scan checked and set to a really low level of scan every 1 day, as this is in dev. The clients have been active for 7 days and appear to be healthy but the hardware and software Inventory scans are not happening. Even if I force the scan the clients do not appear to be reporting back to the MP.

Where do I need to start looking to find the answer to this riddle?

I'm a noob to SCCM so please don't beat me too hard. :)

post-19042-0-32362500-1360040422_thumb.png

Hardware Inventory Scan settings

post-19042-0-42571500-1360040452_thumb.png

Software Inventory Scan settings

I have the same errors as you. Here is what I have in the inv agent log

Collection: Class "SMS_ActiveSyncConnectedDevice" does not exist.

Collection: Class "SMS_ActiveSyncService" does not exist.

Failed to get IWbemService Ptr for \\localhost\root\vm\VirtualServer Namespace: 8004100E

Failed to enumerate instances of VirtualMachine: 8004100E

Failed to get IWbemService Ptr for \\localhost\root\Microsoft\appvirt\client Namespace: 8004100E

Failed to enumerate instances of Package: 8004100E

Collection: Class "Win32_TSLicenseKeyPack" does not exist.

Inventory: 9 Collection Task(s) failed.

I don't have activesync, or any appv stuff installed, so I'm thinking these errors are from the lack of them. My provider log is just like the one above.

Well that was odd, something must have corrupted the MP service during the SP1 upgrade. I uninstalled the MP from the site server, watched the mpsetup.log using cmtrace waited until the log file said the MP was successfully removed and then immediately re-installed the MP on the site server. Again watching mpsetup.log to confirm a successful install. about 2 hours after I did that all the machines that were not reporting hardware and software inventory sent the reports that they must have had queued up because I was getting reports from yesterday.

Late evening yesterday I noticed I was getting the same errors on good clients. I came in this morning and they appear to have fixed itself last night. I was digging into the fact that the clients were sending delta reports and the DB had lost the full reports. I never got around to making sure that was the issue since it fixed itself.