xXMetalicDustXx

Server 2008 R2 hangs on "Applying Computer Settings"

This is bugging my terribly, I have a 2008 R2 server running AD, DNS, and DHCP. Everytime I restart the box it hangs at "Applying Computer Settings" for anywhere between 5 and 30 minutes, for seemingly no reason. I have looked at logs, and found nothing. I read a bit and thought it may be group policy, so I ran dcgpofix (nothing in GPO as of now anyways) and it made no improvment. Also found some people saying that it was IPv6 was disabled, i've tried booting with it on and off (don't see how that would make a difference anyways) and nothing changed. I then found a KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2004121 about this, and tried that registry key hack, with no avail (turns out it doesn't work the same way in R2 as it did in R1).

Any suggestions or advise that I should try? It's ridiculous that it sits there using no more than 1% CPU, no disk activity, and no network and takes up to 30 minutes to get off that screen.Help!

Thanks!

I have experienced this issue before when using Intel NICs.......If I reverted back to the onboard Broadcom NICs it booted up fine.

Also is this DC pointing to itself in the DNS settings and pointing to the PDC in the secondary DNS settings if it is multi site setup(Hub-Spoke)?