Oneone

SCCM SP1 How do i prevent Packages on C: ?

Hi folk!

One thing i have noticed when im running CM SP1 on Server 2012 (dont know if this applies to 2008 to havent tried). Anyway, when i use the checkbox "copy the content...(se picture) on a package or OS img the package share is created on my C:\ drive...

I would like to change this to my data disk instead because i dont want to fill upp my system drive with a bunch of packages.

Has anyone seen or experienced this problem and i havent really figured out how to change the default.

The reason that im copying them again is that i want to run the OS deployment form the DP for faster deployment. Se picture 3

post-12125-0-70776700-1360310375_thumb.png

post-12125-0-49628300-1360310379_thumb.png

post-12125-0-28840700-1360310694_thumb.png

Place a file on all drives where you don't wish packages to be stored, called NO_SMS_ON_DRIVE.SMS

It could be an empty txt file, just make sure it's named exactly like I wrote. The file extension must be .SMS

This should really be done before installing SCCM, but if you place the file there now you should be good to go.