ogeccut

Installed SCCM as a local admin

I made a mistake by installing a SCCM as a local admin and not a SMSAdmin.

And now.......I am getting "The user account running the Configuration Manager console has insufficientpermissions to read information from the Configuration Manager"

SMSAdmin is added to a local administrators group

Is there a way to fix this or should i got back and re-install?

Thanks for the help.

When i log in as a local admin i have no issues. SCCM was installed as a local administrator. However when i log in as SMSAdmin with is in the local administrators group i do get an error:The user account running the Configuration Manager console has insufficientpermissions to read information from the Configuration Manager

Can you please go into more details "just assign yourself permission to access CM12". Permission to SMSAdmin account? And where? AD? SCCM?

Thank you.

In CM, go into administration/Security and add the smsadmin (AD account) to the Full Administrator's group. There are a number of places where you'll have to add that account in, but that should allow you to at least load the console.

You probably need to make that account a member of the local admin's group on that box as well.

SMSAdmin is already a member of a local administrators group. And back to my original questions. Is it better to go back to a clean server in Vm and install SCCM under correct SMSAdmin user account?

GarthMJ

I will add the account in CM logged in locally and post back the results. Thanks for the help.

Thank you for the help. Now i am able to open a console.

The server does have notification to do a "Post-Deployment Configuration" It is failing and the log has the error: User does not have permission to alter database 'SUSDB'.

I think its is related that sql has been installed under local administrator as well. DO i need to add my SMSAdmin user in the SQL?

If so, where do i need to add it?

Thanks for the help.

SUP is a role in SCCM? if so then i dont think it was ever installed. i just installed sccm and did not do any configuration yet.

WSUS is a role on the server? I have server 2012 and do see WSUS installed, but i cant find a way to remove it.

WSUS role is installed and grayed out. I cant select it in order to remove

Am i looking in the wrong place? or i wrong idea about SUP and WSUS??

Thanks for the help.