skinnyzaz

Possible to run task sequence from a task sequence?

I am in a situation where I need to create probably 15 - 20 different task sequences for OS deployment.

I was wondering if its possible to have 1 base task sequence for all common applications. Then for each task sequence that required unique software to be installed I could have it call the base task sequence then run the unique software task sequence.

Or have the Base task sequence run to deploy the OS and ask which software task sequence to run after its done.

This way when I need to change the base task sequence I dont need to change 20 task sequences I would only need to change 1.

I hope that makes sense and any feed back or suggestions is much appreciated.

Variables on collections and TS groups?

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/7198-wmi-question/?hl=%2Bcollection+%2Bvariables#entry27210

This way you could just have 1 Task sequence, and let your collection variables do the work for you!!

try it with 2 collections first to make sure it works before creating the rest of the collections!

Running one task sequence from another is NOT possible... There are only lots of 'workarounds' like Rocket Man said. Another interesting one, if you are using Active Directory groups, might be this one: http://www.petervanderwoude.nl/post/new-and-improved-pre-provision-user-applications-during-os-deployment-via-orchestrator-and-configmgr-2012/