WAZZIE

Task Sequence Downloads each package

Hi all,

Hope your all well, and cracking on with your sccm 2012 sp1 environments.

Everything is cool in my sccm 2012 environment, however my task sequences for xp, 7 osd seem to want to always download the images, and each software package locally before running. This is making my task sequence take longer than is nessesary.

I have set the "content to be avalable from the dp share" on each package and the osd images, and retried a few times now, however every piece of the task sequence downloads to the client, then executes. The bigger the package or image, the longer it takes.

What am i missing here dudes !!!

Look forward to being hit round the head with a wet fish for my noob question !

Thanks and regards,

WAZZIE

Hi All,

My task sequence deployment doesnt have the option "Access directly..." only download content locally from dist point....

I will recreate my deployment for the TS and see if i can get the option to show up.

weird - or have i messed up somewhere

thanks anyweb / oneone - i will have a tinker and keep you posted

and the most likely candidate for the package is the configmgr client upgrade package, simply create another one (package from definition) and all will be good

OK chaps - i will follow these suggestions, I will run through them all and let you know.

Niall, I have some documentation regarding restoring a cas which i had to do recently and worked successfully. If you want it, i can get it to you somehow and you can add it to the docs / procedures.

Might help someone down the line ?

Anyway - back on topic, I will let you know how i get on tomorrow - once again thanks - speak tomorrow.

OK - yep - got this going with out the download of each component of the task sequence.

It was the client package, had to recreate this, also specified all packages in TS are created in a share on the DP.

Now it runs over the network, and is faster than pulling each part down and then running it.

Thanks to you - ANYWEB / RocketMan / Oneone - this is fantastic help and fantastic news !!

I will keep playing, next I am going for the service pack of my lab to SP1

Once again - Thanks.