murda

PXE-E53: No boot filename received

Question

I am getting that messages when I try to capture a SONY VGN BZ11XN.

WDS & PXE roles are installed

Also imported boot images X64 & X86

Added OS

Added drives in the bootimages

Made task sequence and I advertised.

Anyone know a solution?

Take a look here: http://www.petervanderwoude.nl/post/How-to-create-a-Capture-Only-Task-Sequence-with-ConfigMgr-2007.aspx

Just keep in mind that it will show exact the same steps as you are already using. You should start this Task Sequence from the Run Advertised Programs and NOT from WinPE

ill test it tommorow as the laptop isnt infront of me now

but what is interesting is i tried capture media on my own laptop and ended FORMATTING IT LOL

check the logs , i dont know why i faced errors when capturing the OS

please clarify , im capturing windows 7 OS although all the steps were meant for vista , do you think that affected !

smsts.log

I think it is because there is some crap on the D: drive that it is trying to Capture...

<![LOG[WIM error:D:\Art Of Murder Cards Of Destiny [English][PCDVD][WwW.GamesTorrents.CoM]\gow-aomcod.r82.

The system cannot find the file specified. (Error: 80070002; Source: Windows)]LOG]!><time="21:28:36.334+000" date="03-14-2010" component="CaptureSystemImage" context="" type="3" thread="1536" file="wimstate.cpp:182">

<![LOG[WIM error:D:\Cursed Mountain [MULTI4][PCDVD][WwW.GamesTorrents.CoM]\vty-0288.060.

The system cannot find the file specified. (Error: 80070002; Source: Windows)]LOG]!><time="21:28:47.784+000" date="03-14-2010" component="CaptureSystemImage" context="" type="3" thread="944" file="wimstate.cpp:182">

ya i realized that :D , its one of the games im downloading LOL

ok now the capture is done but there are some errors , i dont know if its safe or not as the capture itself gave me sucessfull :)

now im doing deploying and i reached the error explained here http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/546-how-can-i-troubleshoot-windows-pe-booting-in-sccm/page__p__777entry777

Content location request for WIN00018:3 failed. (Code 0x80040102)

followed by

Failed to resolve selected task sequence dependencies. Code(0x80040102)

im working on it , can you check the logs of the capture if its ok !

thanks

smsts.log