Whisky

Task Sequence not applying local administrator password

Hi

Im deploying an windows 7 image which deploys fine but im unable to logon using the local administrator account. Ask part of the TS i have set the local administrator password.

It's a bit vague i know but im not sure how to proceed. I'm ussing SCCM 2012 Sp1.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks for the reply.

No i'm not using any unattend settings. Im trying to create everything from a TS so that any new image deployed will pick up what is in the TS.

The local admin password has been set. After reseting the the password on the desktop i noticed the it has not applied the correct regional settings, Doh!

There does seemed to be a number of issues with my TS because i was expecting it to set the timezone and to join a domain which it hasn't.

Ok when you did the capture on that OS did u reset the admin password?

Could you create a new TS from scratch (CM TS not MDT) and try with that? also dubblecheck that you have permission with the join account to the OU you are trying to join the computers to. AND that the account has right to do so.

If you want you could also post a smstslog from one of the client that fails.

Sorry for the delay, ive been on holiday.

No i didnt reset the password and my TS was created using CM TS and not MDT. The account i'm using to join the domain does have permission and rights but i have noticed something odd!

The account i have set is verified but if i go back in and set it again and test the connection it will then fail. See attached images.

TS Verified.bmp

TS Error.bmp

Did u try to create a brand NEW TS? a CM one not one with MDT integration.Skip the domain join and just set the local admin password and se if that works.

Ok created a new TS without MDT and the local admin password works. Is there a way to set the regional setting without using an answer file?

Also i'm getting a failed TS error at the end with 0x80004005

smsts.log

smsts-20130228-131300.log