spadge

Cannot Create New OSD Boot Image Error 0xc1420127

Question

SCCM 2007 R3
MDT 2010 Update 1

I am trying to create a new x86 boot image package (With trace32 & DART Remote control) but I receive the following error message:-

Started processing.Creating boot image.Generating boot image.Error while importing Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Task Sequence.
System.Exception: Unable to mount image C:\Users\ADMIND~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2\winpe.wim to C:\Users\ADMIND~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2\PE20_mount.x86 ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Unknown error (0xc1420127) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.BDD.ConfigManager.PEManager.Generate() at Microsoft.BDD.Wizards.Controls.SCCM_ImportTaskSequenceTask.DoWork(SmsPageData smspageData, Dictionary`2 data

I have created several boot images before and not received this error.

I have searched around for an answer with several websites stating to try opening the SCCM console as administrator (right click RunAs). This did not solve the problem.

I found some posts from 2006 / 2008 on other forums stating to reinstall C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\<architecuture>\wimfltr.inf file. However, I cannot find this inf file. I have reinstalled WAIK, MDT 2010 Update 1 and the Win 7 WAIK supplement on a Windows 7 machine and I cannot find that file.

I'm stuck and would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

1 answer to this question