Jooel

Installing PXE

Question

When I run the "Configure WDS PXE Filter", I edit the PXEfilter.vbs by adding SCCM site code and SCCM collection ID and save the file. When I select "Finish" I get the error "Please fix all errors before continuing." A red exclamation point appears when I select either Install or Remove PXE filter radio button. What am I missing?

I did right click and ran as Administrator. But, I am still not able to proceed without this being configured.

any suggestions?

thanks

adding the 64bit boot image would not break the WDS service, so you'll need to find out whats wrong with that (read the event viewer..)

have you tried a server reboot ?

adding the 64bit boot image would not break the WDS service, so you'll need to find out whats wrong with that (read the event viewer..)

have you tried a server reboot ?

no. this actually started happening after i tried PXE the one machine, to see if it would work eventually. When I went back to the server, I noticed that WDS was not able to restart. I have looked around for possible solution on why this might happen, and some solution have been to uninstall WDS, PXE Service, WIAK...reboot each time and install them and still no luck.

no. this actually started happening after i tried PXE the one machine, to see if it would work eventually. When I went back to the server, I noticed that WDS was not able to restart. I have looked around for possible solution on why this might happen, and some solution have been to uninstall WDS, PXE Service, WIAK...reboot each time and install them and still no luck.

nevermind it was set to listen on port 67, when it wasnt supposed to. little stuff that takes the most time to figure. Thanks for your help. Going to try to see if anything good can be accomplish now.

thanks again.

nevermind it was set to listen on port 67, when it wasnt supposed to. little stuff that takes the most time to figure. Thanks for your help. Going to try to see if anything good can be accomplish now.

thanks again.

anywed!

After working again on this SCCM 2007, and trying to build and capture Vista, PXE was able to start, but then the computer would just restart without anything happening, after the Windows seemed to be loading the files, etc. The PC would restart, not allowing for the process to start. I read your post for possible solution and i checked everything.

When i know try to PXE boot, i see that its picking up the x64 Boot instead of the x86.

I have double checked EVERYTHING. Re did the Task Sequence, etc. and double check the path and Names of Data for Boot Images.

any suggestions?

ensure your switch have PortFast enabled.

otherwise, make sure Option 60 is set on the DHCP scope or server.

is this computer connected to the network via a hub?

do u have 2 NIC's on your server? lets say that u have that, the first NIC have a static ip, the other recievs ip address via DHCP, maybe its the wrong NIC that respons on your request.

good luck and happy troubleshooting :)

/Tobie

anywed!

After working again on this SCCM 2007, and trying to build and capture Vista, PXE was able to start, but then the computer would just restart without anything happening, after the Windows seemed to be loading the files, etc. The PC would restart, not allowing for the process to start. I read your post for possible solution and i checked everything.

When i know try to PXE boot, i see that its picking up the x64 Boot instead of the x86.

I have double checked EVERYTHING. Re did the Task Sequence, etc. and double check the path and Names of Data for Boot Images.

any suggestions?

if its booting the X64 boot image then the hardware must be x64 capable... thats not a problem, what you need to find out is exactly WHEN it's rebooting, if its happening just after loading windows PE then its most likely a network issue, and you'll need to post a copy of your SMSTS.LOG file here to figure that out

this post will help you do that...

anywed!

any suggestions?

Is your network access account set? Anyweb put it all in red here: http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.p...=network+access

I had this problem to on my test-development, and i saw after configuring all, my network access account got reset to nothing. Enabling did seem to solve it at that time after many many reinstalls that i thought i configured it badly.

Else you should enable F8 function discribed here: http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.p...6&hl=enable

When booting up after loading files you should hit f8 and got to X:\Windows\Temp\SMSTSLog and check where it failes.

Is your network access account set? Anyweb put it all in red here: http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.p...=network+access

I had this problem to on my test-development, and i saw after configuring all, my network access account got reset to nothing. Enabling did seem to solve it at that time after many many reinstalls that i thought i configured it badly.

Else you should enable F8 function discribed here: http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.p...6&hl=enable

When booting up after loading files you should hit f8 and got to X:\Windows\Temp\SMSTSLog and check where it failes.

Tobie, Anyweb, and deconinckg,

thank you for your fast response. I looked at your possible solutions, etc. and it was something very simple. The account was reset to nothing just like it did for you Deconinckg. I thought i was going crazy, i re-did this thing entirely and thought i had something wrong again. I have no idea why the account resets, but somehow it does happen.

thanks again for your help. Its building and capturing right now. So far so good.

thanks again guys!

Tobie, Anyweb, and deconinckg,

thank you for your fast response. I looked at your possible solutions, etc. and it was something very simple. The account was reset to nothing just like it did for you Deconinckg. I thought i was going crazy, i re-did this thing entirely and thought i had something wrong again. I have no idea why the account resets, but somehow it does happen.

thanks again for your help. Its building and capturing right now. So far so good.

thanks again guys!

Alright, after the system was able to go thru the installation, etc where windows was able to be deployed, Task Sequencer gave an Error:

Task Sequence: Building and Capturing.... has failed with Error code 0x00000004.