Jooel

Installing PXE

Question

When I run the "Configure WDS PXE Filter", I edit the PXEfilter.vbs by adding SCCM site code and SCCM collection ID and save the file. When I select "Finish" I get the error "Please fix all errors before continuing." A red exclamation point appears when I select either Install or Remove PXE filter radio button. What am I missing?

I did right click and ran as Administrator. But, I am still not able to proceed without this being configured.

any suggestions?

thanks

can you paste what you entered into your pxefilter here ? you can replace password with ************

Here is the info i changed:

sProviderServer = "WIN-WKMIE6IIDYJ"

sSiteCode = "WIN"

sNamespace = "root\sms\site_" & sSiteCode

sUsername = "Administrator"

sPassword = "*********"

sCollection = "SMS00001" ' This must be a collection ID, not a collection name

is this enough or you want the whole thing?

it looks ok to me assuming that WIN is your sitecode and WIN-WKMIE6IIDYJ is your servername

once youve installed the pxe filter if you then start the action again, you'll see the red exclamation mark, then just click Cancel.

it looks ok to me assuming that WIN is your sitecode and WIN-WKMIE6IIDYJ is your servername

once youve installed the pxe filter if you then start the action again, you'll see the red exclamation mark, then just click Cancel.

Thank you for the reply.

The reason why i thought this was a problem is because, I created an image of Vista and also created a package of Xp Sp3 to deploy. When trying to work with the machine, where the Xp was going to be delivered to, it doesnt do anything when trying to PXE.

I have followed all your instructions from before (thank you by the way), but i am still not able to get that going.

any suggestions?

well before you pxe boot the machine you have to do a Computer Association to import the computername and mac address into SCCM.,

did you do that ?

well before you pxe boot the machine you have to do a Computer Association to import the computername and mac address into SCCM.,

did you do that ?

yes, I did import the single computer and put computer name, GUID and MAC that do display when trying to PXE boot.

I got an error: E55 Error ProxyDHCP svc did not reply to request on port 4011

make sure youve added BOTH the 32 bit and 64 bit boot images then, and then distribute them to DPs

read this post > http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.p...post&p=1354

cheers

anyweb

Hi. I followed all the information you provided and looked at the post. I added the 64 bit boot image which was missing and distributed them to DP. when trying to PXE, the WDS stopped working. When i try to restart it, it just gives me an error: Failed to start Windows Deployment Services Server. The service changed to an unexpected state.