jdmiller

SCCM SP1 OSD Deployment to Only media and PXE

We recently upgraded to SP1 and I'm now trying to deploy a task sequence to the All Systems collection but only make it available when systems are booted into WinPE. However when I select the "Only media and PXE" option in the deployment settings the task sequence still shows up for clients. I made sure to push out the updated client (5.00.7804) but that has not helped. Am I missing some other setting that tells clients to ignore this TS?

So I have not completely confirmed this yet, but it appears I may have found the answer.

This problem seems to only appear for TS's created prior to our SP1 upgrade. A brand new TS that is deployed to the All Systems collection with the "Only media and PXE" option seems to be working as expected and only appears when PXE booting.

I would like to know if others can recreate this though, and I'm not sure if this same behavior is true for the "Only media and PXE (hidden)" option.

Our entire site is upgraded to SP1, and the problems I'm seeing are on clients that are fully upgraded to SP1. The odd thing is that a few of the clients seem to be working as expected. Even two machines with identical base images and in the exact same machine groups are displaying different sets of available task sequences (both of these machines are running the SP1 client).

ok can you clarify the below as the new option comes with SP1.,

This problem seems to only appear for TS's created prior to our SP1 upgrade

ok can you clarify the below as the new option comes with SP1.,

I was wrong. What really seems to be the problem is that machines are not properly updating their list of available TS's (when looking at machines I kept seeing the TS's that had been created prior to the SP1 upgrade, but then had their deployment availability updated). I'm testing my changes to deployment availability by updating policy using the "Actions" tab in the Configuration Manager and running the "Machine Policy Update Cycle" and the "Application Deployment Evaluation Cycle" then after several mins checking the Software Center. I've noticed the following behavior after observing several different machines all running SP1.

If I make a new TS with default visibility options It becomes visible in Software Center after updating policy

If I change the visibility of a deployment to "PXE and media only" it is still visible in Software Center even after updating policy

If I install a new OS none of my "PXE and media only" TS's appear in software center.

So my question is why are my clients not picking up the new visibility status after being upgraded to SP1? Do I need to do something different to make them refresh their list of available TS's?