lucent6408d

WinPe 4.0 and sccm 2010

Hi guys,

Quick question, I have sccm 2007 but we are on the process to start getting ready to deploy some lenovo tablets (tablet 2) with windows 8. However it says that I need WinPe 4.0 in order to get it to boot up and that it needs MDT 2012 but we have 2010 in place.

Would I be able to create a new boot.win with Windows waik/ask and imported into my 2007 sccm server ? Or do I really have to upgrade my environment in order to get it ready for windows 8?

Configuration Manager 2007 does not support the deployment of Windows 8, to do that use MDT 2012 update 1 standalone, or use Configuration Manager 2012 Sp1

• Like 1

You can actually deploy Win 8 with SCCM 2007 but it´s not supported.

What you could do is you create the Windows 8 wimfile with MDT, then import that WIM into SCCM 2007. BAM you can deploy windows 8 :) but yeah its not supported and souch but you know...