crakeador

SCCM 2012 - Boot image

Hello everybody

I have a problem. I am doing SCCM guide updated in this forums and I am trying to connect with a new virtual machine with PXE boot. By error, I deleted boot images in SCCM server (default images) and when I try to upload boot images directly from windows DVD I cant (I copied all data into a shared folder called sources into a subdir). My question is where SCCM save booit images physically and how can I add default boot images.

Thanks a lot!

Have you installed the "Deployment Tools", "User State Migration Tool (USMT)" and the "Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE)" from the ADK available here? Once this is installed use the "Create Boot Image using MDT" option from the SCCM Management Console on the machine where you installed the ADK.

• Like 2

If you are using CM 2012 SP1 you should not use Windows 7 boot images, what version are those? i gues 3.0?

Windows 8 winPE bot images are 4.0 those that you should be using.

Agreed. WinPE 4.0 allows you to use Powershell as well as a number of other helpful components. I believe it is also what you are officially supposed to be using for SP1.