alim_long

[SCCM 2012] TS failed:There no task sequences available to this computer

I am using SCCM 2012 SP1 beta build 7782 for OSD, Recetly I come across a strange promble. I import computer to a collection and deploy a TS to the collection, when do a PXE boot, it can boot to winPE successful, but after winPE initialized system reboot, by checking smsts.log it report a no task sequence available error. actually I have deployed some TS to the collection inclueded the system. If I delete the record and reimport the system to sccm. everything is ok and OSD succeed, but if I make a PXE boot again the error occures. I need to delete and reimport the record again. I have googled for serval days. I check DP certificate is ok and no duplicate SMBIOS GUID records.

It has puzzled me for a long time.

Anyone can help me?

smsts.log

How does your advertisment look like?

if you want to be able to re-install that computer you have to check the box "always rerun" when doing the advertisment. OR just remove the computer from the collection and wait like 15 mins, then add it back in again, tryed that?

Hi Oneone, thanks for your reply!

I select pupose as available on deployment settings and deploy mutilp TS to a collection. On this mode rerun behavior selection is gray out.

I also remove computer from the collection and then add it back, promble is not resolved.

Computer record is not obsolete.

Re-installing the computer is work previously. The collection and TS deployment are not changed, I don't know Why it fail now.

All the records in sccm are shown active under "client Activity" enven when the computer is shutdown, is it normal?

Is this affecting just one workstation or all of your workstations?

I had a problem like this that affected all of my workstations. Turns out that I had a corrupted policy in the database which caused the management point to freak out and not give out any policy to the clients.

Microsoft provided me with two SQL queries to run against the database.

This one will check for bad policies in the database. if no results are returned from this query then you don't have the same issue.

SELECT * FROM ResPolicyMap WHERE machineid = 0 and PADBID IN (SELECT PADBID FROM PolicyAssignment WHERE BodyHash IS NULL)

This one will remove any bad policies if there are any.

Delete FROM ResPolicyMap WHERE machineid = 0 and PADBID IN (SELECT PADBID FROM PolicyAssignment WHERE BodyHash IS NULL)

After that restart the management point and everything should be working normally.

• Like 3

Thanks Jonney.

The problem was resoved. but you reply is also useful.

This occurs on my new installed SCCM 2012SP1 server.

I researched for a long time and find the reason this afternoon.

Due to I join my clients to workgroup instead of domain, so client will not be approved in SCCM server.

Client can't receive mostly policy from MP(this different than ConfigMgr 2007 where a client that is not approved would still receive most policy).

Only two options under action tab in configuration manager

After Approve the client through the administrator console manually, The failure disappears.

refer to Technet