pnyce24

SCCM 2012 or SCCM 2012 SP1 on initail install?

I'm in the process with installing SCCM 2012 and wanted to know should I go and install SCCM 2012 SP1 (instead of SCCM 2012 "no service pack) considering the current SP1 issues I've been reading. Grant it, most of the issues I see is when admins or engineers are upgrading from SCCM 2012 no service pack to SCCM 2012 SP1, and not a fresh install.

What do you all think?

Thanks,

P

SP1 offers so many new features that it's what i'd recommend, however be aware that the new ADK requirements means you have WinPE4 and that means that hardware older than 3 years may have problems PXE booting... until Johan Arwidmark posts his workaround

We are using WINPE 3.1(64 bit), and the hardware in some of our remote sites are definitely at least 3 years old. So I feel like i'm in a catch 22 because SP1 sets me up for the future(ie-server 2012), but installing it will/may cause some issues in our current infrastructure....

I'd recommend you set it up in a lab first (always recommended) and test your hardware with it, shouldn't take too long and will reveal any problems you may/may not have.