sbuck

SCCM 2007 Question

Question

I'm fairly new to SCCM and learning it on the fly. I can successfully push out applicatins to machines just fine. Right now, I'm working on pushing out Barracuda's Outlook Archiving plugin for 2010. I have it setup to run with admin rights when no one is logged on, so that way they do not even see it. It's being sent out fine, but noticed that when you go to open it, the URI (destination of the server where Barracuda is, is missing). Once I plugin the address to the server, then it runs fine, but I do not want to have to email 700+ users how to do it. Here's my question. I would like to create a .bat file to send out to just the machines that have that advertisement, because I do not want this going out to servers, virtual machines...etc, but I'm only about halfway through the plugin being installed so I do not want to stop it and have to rerun it. Does that make sense? Thanks for your input.

3 answers to this question

Easiest way in this case, I think, is to create another Program with the new batch file and select Run another program first. This way it will only run when the installation of the software was/ is already done.

So I made another program like you stated, with the same settings and set it to run the other first. I do not need to create another advertisement for this right, since the 1st program has the advertisement, or am I wrong in my thinking?

You are indeed thinking wrong. You need to advertise the new program, as that program has the run another program first setting enabled. In short that means, it advertises the new program and the clients sees that it needs the other program first. So on machines that had the other program already it will execute directly the new program and on the other machines it will first run the other program.