vichardy

Z420 Workstation and Win 7 64bit failing to deploy

Question

We have just received a stack of z420 workstations.
I'm trying to deploy our existing image to these however it is failing.

This is a copy of the logs I get:

The task sequence execution engine failed executing the action (Partition Disk) in the group (Install Operating System) with the error code 2147943568

Action output: ==============================[ OSDDiskPart.exe ]==============================

Command line: "osddiskpart.exe"

Succeeded loading resource DLL 'X:\sms\bin\x64\1033\TSRES.DLL'

FALSE, HRESULT=80070490 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\framework\tscore\diskutils.cpp,1386)

CDisk::GetDiskSize(oDisk.getIndex(), cbDiskSize), HRESULT=80070490 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\osdeployment\osddiskpart\main.cpp,691)

LoadDiskConfiguration(oDisk), HRESULT=80070490 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\osdeployment\osddiskpart\main.cpp,1412)

Invalid disk number specified: 0

Invalid configuration specified.  Please ensure that the task sequence is properly configured.

OSDDiskPart.exe failed: 0x80070490. The operating system reported error 2147943568: Element not found.

and

The task sequence execution engine failed execution of a task sequence. The operating system reported error 2147943568: Element not found.

What would I need to look at in this case to resolve this? Advice? steps? etc.

6 answers to this question

I'm currently attempting to put the drives into a raid through EFI but the systems are not booting my USB I created.

If I let it go through without PXE booting it starts to load the preconfigured windows 7 pro, but SCCM PXE boot doesn't seem to find the drives.

We had a similiar issue with the z820 model. After talking with an HP rep we were sent a document to change the SATA Raid configuration. Basically from the factory the optical drive and primary hdd are not connected to the system board in a manner that supports OSD. We also had to download the WinPE driver pack that includes the correct iaStor driver.

Suggestion on how to configure SATA Raid on the z820.pdf

I believe we saw this with our z420.

Check your versions and .inf files. I don't remember the specifics, but we had a conflict with a later version driver

Here are the SCSIAdapter classes we are using for our build:

Intel® C600 Series Chipset SATA RAID Controller 3.1.0.1068 iaStorA.inf

Intel® C600 Series Chipset SAS RAID Controller 3.1.0.1082 iaStorS.inf

Intel® C600 Series Chipset SATA AHCI Controller 3.1.0.1068 iaAHCI.inf

Also the System class:

Intel® C600/X79 series chipset SMBus Host Controller - 1D22 9.2.3.1013 patsmb.inf