MSHILL2

Client Push Installation Problems

Ok... Maybe it's just me.

But.... For whatever reason I cannot "push" the advanced client to my workstations. I have follow the "Guides" ( Which r awesome by the way!!!!) to the letter. I left my clients logged in overnight. The clients have the "Client Push" account as a local administrator. This is the same account that is configured on the site server "Client Installation Methods" Accounts tab. The clients show up in the collection but client is not installed. I dig through every log file on the site server looking for some clue as to WTF. So I browse the sms_client_config_manager and see "Operating system error 5: Access is denied" Ok... I go back check all my site setting everything looks fine.

As a test my clients are logged into the domain with user access only and no local admin rights. Now.. just for kicks i try to browse to the client share on the site server using the domain\user account and get access denied. I log off/back on to the client as a domain admin, i can browse the share and install the client with no errors. Ccmstepup log is clean as a whistle.

What am i missing? Even when i right click the client and select install... Nothing... I cannot find a log file on the server that says it even tried to contact the client.

I have gone over the guides step by step at least 3 times now... Front to back.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

MBH

did you check your firewall settings on the client ? disable them for testing purposes

the client push install account MUST BE A MEMBER of the LOCAL ADMINISTRATORS group just for the client installation, after it's installed you can remove the account from local admins group

if it isnt, it will never install

verify both those things

cheers

anyweb

ok so are you saying that the client software is not getting installed or that it just says 'client=no' in your collections ? is the client computer in your boundary ???

Exactly... the software is not getting installed. Client software is not being pushed to the client. I can log into the client as an administrator and browse to the client share and install the client. The client is in the boundry. Test lab... Single site boundry.