Fed

Application deployment for System requires network access

Question

Hi all,

I'm new to SCCM, only been working with the beast for 3 months full time and, following Windows-noob guides, I've been able to get the infrastructure running pretty fine.

Right now, I have to deploy a bunch of msi packages that require both local admin rights to be installed and network access to a UNC path. I know it's not a good way of a msi but that's not in my hands at the moment.

My problem is that if I choose to deploy the package for the system, it will fail to access the network share. If I try to install the package as the logged in user, I lack the required admin rights.

Is there any way to specify a different user account for a deployment?

Right now I'm trying to use psexec in the install program command of the Application deployment Type but I'm still blocking.

Anyone here who fought a similar issue?

Thanks for your help,

Fed

2 answers to this question

Thank you very much, it's been part of the answer to my issue.

In a nutshell, I have to upgrade the previous version of that msi package, even the deinstallation was looking for the network access.

I have modified the the new msi to use a local path while compiling it as an exe file, in which I put other modifications required.

The task sequence helped me to remove the old version.

again, Thanks a lot