anyweb

How can I deploy Windows 8 X64 to the Microsoft Surface Pro using Configuration Manager 2012 SP1

ok did you experiment with secure boot and the other boot options in the firmware screen (bios), to access it, shutdown then press Volume Up while holding the power button

Hi Anyweb,

I'm one of the proprieters of CrashCtrl. Great article. Regarding the link you have to our site, you have a direct link to the download page where the drivers are being hosted. It would be best to link to the blog entry page as we have posted some updates to the driver files along with some info and warnings regarding the use of those drivers. It's fine either way but there is some info that readers of this post should see.

Additionally, I am curious regarding the partition table setup. Did you just choose the default setup for UEFI and it created the three partitions? There have been some folks who have mistakenly moved this or that partition and it resulted in a Surface Pro that would not boot properly.

In addition, I am curious. Did you attempt to restore from a recovery drive (created prior to installing Enterprise) after this and did it restore your Surface Pro back to factory?

i'll change the link in the article to point there, i just wanted it easy for others to find but i have no problem sending traffic the right way

as regards the partitions, i absolutely let the task sequence do the partitioning and yes it removes the recovery partition, which is a good thing as it frees up 10gb :)

Cool, no worries. We discovered an issue with the audio and your readers should see that warning prior to pushing it in their build image for sure.

Regarding the recovery drive, I meant if you boot from a recovery drive that is used to restore the surface to factory, does it still work correctly after wiping all partitions? As in, are you still able to put the surface back to factory after removing the partitions?

Regarding the recovery drive, I meant if you boot from a recovery drive that is used to restore the surface to factory, does it still work correctly after wiping all partitions? As in, are you still able to put the surface back to factory after removing the partitions?

I attempted a recovery and it didn't work so I think the answer is no, feel free to test yourself however.

ok did you experiment with secure boot and the other boot options in the firmware screen (bios), to access it, shutdown then press Volume Up while holding the power button

I tried changing the secure boot and secure device options. I also tried using a different type/brand of USB drive. Still no luck booting to the USB drive.

strange, what type of USB drive is it ? what bios version do you have (it's written across the bottom of the screen when you get into the firmware)

have you tried any other usb bootable device ?