anyweb

How can I deploy Windows 8 X64 to the Microsoft Surface Pro using Configuration Manager 2012 SP1

Thank you very much for this. I do have this working on my Surface Pro's now but there are two items I'm having issues with and was hoping you can help.

1) I'm not able to apply an appfolderlayout.bin file for some reason as a final step to prepair the main screen as I'd like. I have the task sequence copy the file absolutly last, even after a reboot where the Surface should have network capability to grab the file it just won't work.

2) We've used bitlocker for some time and my policy does resemble the once shown. I've even created a policy for the OU that i'm running the Surfaces deployments in; however, i can't get it to enable bitlocker through the task sequence.

Do you have any insight into either of those items?

for 1 see this post....

for enabling bitlocker, it worked fine for me, where is yours failing ? are you using the same ts as me or have you changed it

I actually had the USB Boot issue on my Surface Pro. It actually worked for a while. Was able to image up the unit 6 or 7 times and then all of a sudden it stopped working. No idea what happened, I tried everything. I ended up ordering a replacement for it last night from https://myservice.surface.com/en-US/Pages/Welcome.aspx

My unit was also having issues with the front Windows button not working either.

Was there a technical reason why you used "stand alone" media? Are there problems using "bootable" media and running the Task Sequence from the server?

Attempting to use boot media as i dont have a USB key large enough for my current image...

I'm using the same USB-Ethernet adapter (DUB-E100) and im receiving "Failed to find a valid network adapter"

Just needed to inject the vista x64 driver (from the dlink website) into my x64 boot image. It then found my advertisements.

Cheers

UPDATE: I cant for the life of me get my tablet to join the domain during TS.

Im using exactly the same hardware as you do in your guide, and no one else seem to have any domain join issues with this.

Im using the exact same TS for all my other hardware models which join the domain perfect.

Connectivity to the DC's are fine.

:S

Have adapted this slightly to work with the Acer W510, works perfectly. Although we have run into one problem. We are currently not domain joining these machines and just letting our users log in with their own Microsoft accounts. If we disable the local administrator account then whenever a user tries to do a first logon with a microsoft account it comes back as wrong password. Even though the password is correct. If we enable the local admin account and just add a user then the same username and password can add an account no problem. Are we doing something wrong in the setup? Is there a way we can pre-add a microsoft live account during the deployment? Thanks very much

I installed my own Image to the Surface Pro but I get with the Drivers released yesterday an error in the Device Manager for the Surface Pro System Aggegator Firmware. The error is The Device cannt start (Code 10) Internal Error. Maybe someone has a fix for this?