chimmez

Failed to Run Task Sequence Problem

Hello,

This forum is great, and I really appreciate all of the help that you guys have provided me!

Bu I still have problems, so here goes; I have successfully deployed OS's for the past couple of weeks, there have been some sporadic issues that I have come across, however I have usually been able to fix them by creating a new task sequence. I am running SCCM 2012 SP1 under server 2012.

Now however, I am receiving an error message "An error occurred whlie starting the task sequence (0x80070570)"

post-18293-0-22185100-1362461881_thumb.jpg

This appears as soon as I start the task sequence - ie as soon as the checking dependencies screen goes away. I have my SCCM server running in a virtual machine, so I can simply revert to a previous state; however I would like to solve the underlying issue, as it might come back even when I revert. There is no log that I can find, is SMSTS.log, so I dont think that there is any more information that I can provide; however if there is anything that you wish me to upload I can. I have tried using different OS images and installers, and I receive the same error code.

I don't know if it makes any difference, but a problem that I was having was after creating a task sequence, it would work fine, but if I left it for a couple of days, running the task sequence would error out and say that boot image could not be found on the DP.. This would be fixed after recreating the task sequence.

Thanks again!

Jorden.

That error message translates to "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." It's probably not a good idea for you to constantly taking and reverting snapshots, that's probably what messed things up to begin with (think about the content library). Do you get this error message when doing OSD to a VM or physical machines or both?