fridberg

TS wont run when updates goto all systems. ?

Hi

Over the last couple of days, we've had a problem with out SCCM 2012. Whenever we try to deploy a OS TS, it gives a error saying: "An error occurred while starting the task sequence (0x8007000E). For more information, contact your system administrator or helpdesk operator."

When trying to pinpoint the start of this error, it seems as the error started on the same time as we imported some new drivers (that however, were not put into the boot image), and on the same time as we deployed a software update package to "All Systems".

It seems, that if I delete the advertisement, that sends the software updates to All Systems, the Task Sequence will run perfectly. However, if I set it back to all systems, I get the problem again.

The task sequence does not contain any step saying it should take updates. In my tests I stripped down one task sequence to only contain: restart in PE, Partition Disk, apply OS, aply windows settings, apply network settings and then install configmgr client.

Does anyone have a clue, as to why the TS would fail, simply because of the update being set to all systems ?