Babs

SCCM 2012 - Management Point Critical Error (Message ID 5436)

Preface: Running SCCM 2012 on physical hardware, with MS Windows Server 2012 and SQL Server 2012. I know it isn't officially supported, but thus far most everything is working splendidly!

So, I know I post more questions than answers here, but I'm still getting my feet under me with SCCM 2012. I need some brilliant minds to help me unravel an issue I've been having for some time now. My site statuses are all great except for my Management Point status. I keep getting a recurring critical error (Message ID 5436). I discovered that if I remove the MP role and re-add it, the MP status resets and works fine...for a while. But if I come in the next morning the error has reappeared overnight.

I've spent a lot of time trying to resolve the issue on my own but can't seem to track down the cause. The logs are mildly unhelpful, given I don't know what I'm looking for. I have a hunch it could be related to IIS (which I know very little about) and the web has yet to be helpful in regards to setting up IIS to play nice with SCCM. I resolved an issue related to WebDav that seemed to clear up a smaller MP issue, but this one still persists. Is there any help someone can provide me outside of what is listed in the error message?

I have attached a screenshot of my mpcontrol.log in an effort to be helpful. If there is any other info I can provide I would gladly give it to try and work through this problem. Thanks in advance for the help!

post-9339-0-98017800-1362595780_thumb.png

Ok, so after the issue happened again last night I have more information to share. This is not an attempt to bump this post.

I discovered that late in the evening, a few hours before the MP failed and threw a 5436 error the system posted Message ID 3400 (see image). When trying to resolve this issue I came across the schedule.log (see image) that listed the jobs that were trying to replicate to this other site "WWU". I don't have any other sites, so this is odd. I do not know how to remove these jobs, and again, the net is less than helpful on this matter.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

post-9339-0-05016200-1362678074_thumb.png

post-9339-0-92720800-1362678269_thumb.png

Old error that has been reported all the way back to SMS 2003. It's generally an access, or authentication error. Most likely an account. And, because the MP installs correctly, and then goes haywire, it's another good clue that it's an account connection issue. Have you also tried removing the IIS role for the MP server and reinstalling it?

I'll have to look into the account issue part. Any idea where I should start or what I should be looking for? I'm using SMSadmin (a domain admin account) on almost every service, including DB access.

I have yet to remove the ISS role. I will try that. The only snag is, there is no explanation or guide out there that explains what IIS services are needed for SCCM to run smoothly. I've just been "winging" it, adding services as errors show up in the logs.

Thanks SO much for you suggestions! I'm going to check out your site too.