gvlaarho

Help: How to add DotNet Framework 3.5 to Windows 8 during OSD Task sequence

Question

Hello,

I have tried everything but no chance to install dot net 3.5 in Windows 8 x64 during task sequence

Commenad used: Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:\\SCCMpri\Win8sxs

\\SCCMpri\Win8sxs with Full access for everyone and SCCM compouter

I always receive The source files could not be found.
Use the "source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, ...
error 0x800F0906 or 0x800F081F

Sources \\SCCMpri\Win8sxs comes from DVD and Windows 8 version is Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise - 9200.16384.-.120725-1247_X64

If somebody as an idea, welcome !

i copy the files to a local temp folder and then install from there, i'll post the steps when i get home and get access to my lab

Hi Anyweb,

First, thank you for your interset about this topic.

Unfortunately already tried, but not working, always 0x800F081F

the same error occurs when manually done in the OS (after osd and manual DVD install) :( I have no idea what's happens

If i triy from internet, it's ok ....

what version of Windows 8 are you using ? and are you using the SXS folder from the same media that was used to install Windows 8

Finally found the problem: I have re-extracted the iso file then i had discover that all files where not present in the SXS folder -> "Path File Too long" ...

So many time lost for that ....

Now, it's perfect, i install from a share so i avoid to copy files to local computer

Big thanks Anyweb

PS: Size now about 274 MB with 1172 files in 772 folders

Does this work with windows 8 Enterprise x86?

.I have followed the above steps and all copies and initiates properly but also fails with same error code. If I do it manually it gets to about 65% of running the command and fails.......my sxs folder is only 152 mb and 443 folders..... I have used different extractors to see if it makes a differnce but it is the same.

Any ideas?

You gotta love windows8....... I have tried everything to get this to work, I am running a windows 8 x86 VM on Hyper-v, I have also resorted to building a windows 8 x64 image and copying the sxs folder from this ISO, which may i add is considerably larger than that of it's x86 counterpart.

the process always gets to 65.8% and then bombs out with the usual error code. I have tried various locations for the sxs folder to no avail. The only way that I can get this to work is if and only if I attach the ISO within Hyper-V to the VM and then change the command to point to the DVD drive(not practical unless imaging single machines manually via the disc media).

What is the difference in the sxs folder in the DVD drive and the sxs folder in the temp directory.......very annoyingto say the least.....

Even if I try to add the feature manually from with the control panel console it complains and errors out.

Going to try this out on a physical machine tomorrow incase it is something to do with the fact the windows 8 OS is sitting on Hyper-v. (dont think so though, but sure worth a try)

You can do it like anyweb, or copy the directories to the wim. We chose to copy them, they aren't that big in the grand scheme of things, and who knows if we will need them later down the road. For 64 bit you need to disable 64 bit file system redirection for it to work.