mestrada-geneva

Uninstall and Reinstalling WSUS/SUP

Question

I've been having issues pushing out software updates to clients so per this thread, I decided to uninstall WSUS and SUP. I believe part of my issue is that I configured WSUS instead of cancelling out of the configuration. My issue now is I can't seem to get the "Welcome to the Windows Server Update Services 3.0 SP2 Setup Wizard" to appear. I think I may have used the default website previously instead of using a dedicated site. How can I "reset" WSUS completely so I can start on these steps from scratch?

2 answers to this question

K so just to confirm, you have removed the sup role from your site server and you have removed the wsus role from the server as well from server manager? If so reboot the server, reinstall wsus and the wizard should reset back to step cancel out of the configuration wizard for wsus immediately and then install the sup role from sccm, it should install correctly from this point